August Artist of the Month: Amber Favre

https://www.amberfavreart.com/

ECS proudly presents another fellow Washingtonian, Amber Favre, as our August Artist of the Month.  What attracted me to Amber's art was her bold and vibrant colors (do you see a trend in my taste in art?) as I scrolled through Instagram.  Her paintings take your imagination to another place and lean toward more of an abstract style.  I have to be quite frank with you, some of the abstract art out there just doesn't really speak to me, but Amber's did.  Like I have said in the past, art brings out certain emotions and feelings inside of you.  Everyone is different. I find myself looking at Amber's art for long periods of time waiting for it to come alive or for me to develop the ability to jump into the canvas.  And yes, I do see the Northwest influences in her pieces; who wouldn't?  She's another artist that makes me miss Seattle and it's beautiful surroundings.  The rain, the bright autumn leaves, the cyclists, people walking in the parks with umbrellas, and just the colors that she uses make me feel like I'm at home.

After a serious car accident injury that kept her at home, Amber started really focusing on her art.  She couldn't stop painting and eventually she had so many pieces that many were donated.  The last 5 years she has been donating her amazing collection to silent auctions that have raised over $20K.  She is very passionate about giving back to the community; besides donating her art, she is also on the board of directors of the American Red Cross.  She is truly an inspiring artist and individual.  She currently works for Sotheby's International Realty, a subsidiary of Sotheby's art auction house.  If you don't already know, Sotheby's art auction house is one of the largest art auction houses in the world.  Amber also mentions in her interview that they own the rights to Monet and Vincent Van Gogh.  How awesome is that?!!  Well, I think it's pretty cool.

So without further delay, I give you this month's featured artist of the month, Amber Favre!

Smile: What is your name/artist name and where are you from?

Amber: Amber Favre. From Seattle. Currently live in Woodinville WA.

Smile: How do you describe your art and where does your inspiration come from?

Amber: I would describe my art as whimsical and dream-like. I like to create images that are vague enough to create your own story as the viewer but that capture a feeling or a moment.


Smile: I completely have that connection with your art.  I can picture myself hanging one of your pieces on the ceiling and dazing at it until it takes me somewhere wonderful.  Did you go to Art School, if so, where? Do you think going to school for art helped you sharpen your skills?

Amber: I grew up taking art classes all through school however didn't take art seriously until I was in a car accident and was forced to stay home to recover and realized how important color and images were in your surroundings. I wasn't able to leave my home so craved vibrant colors and something that I could stare at that I could interpret based on how I was feeling. I ended up with so much art work that I started donating it to charities and they started selling for more than I would have thought.  I continued to paint constantly and studied art, the Masters and felt that practicing as often as possible was the key to improving.



Smile: What is the first piece that you remember creating and at what age? 


Amber: I've been drawing my whole life. I do remember entering an art contest at "Denny's" (lol) and winning first place and getting an art set as a prize. I went crazy after that.


Smile: It is refreshing to hear that you've kept your love for art alive, I think that important part of our abilities are put on the back burner by all the other daily things we have to do.  I, myself, feel like I can't find the time to brush up on my art skills.  If you could pick one place where your work could be shown, where would it be?


Amber: I would love a big show in New York. The energy there is just amazing.



Smile:  Well, I believe that that will be in your future, your paintings are spectacular and deserve the recognition. Tell me more about your background and what you like to do beside being an awesome artist and a social media enthusiast.


Amber: I am on the Board of Directors at the American Red Cross and am passionate about giving back and being apart of the community. I have always worked in business and work in Real Estate which is something that I love. I work for Sotheby's International Realty which is owned by the Sotheby's art auction house (the largest art auction house in the world) and it is great to work for a company that supports my art (I currently have my art on the walls) and it's an added bonus that Sotheby's also owns the rights to Monet and Vincent Van Gogh! A few other things I love: Dogs, Family, Reading, Travel and spending time with my family.





Smile:  You are inspiring!  I am also a big supporter for nonprofit organizations and community based programs.  One of my long term goals is to do missionary work out in the community and around the world.  Thanks for your time and dedication to serving with the American Red Cross. So on to more personal things, what type of food and books are your favorite? 


Amber: I love Mexican and Italian.  I am an avid reader and like positive motivational books.


Smile: What form of art would you like to be better at? What type of art would you like to do more besides painting?


Amber: I love painting and that will be my life long focus. Other art that I appreciate is Art Glass, which I think is beautiful. Maybe someday I will try painting on glass.





Smile: Do you have a favorite piece that you have created? If so, what is it and why?


Amber: I have several paintings that are my favorite. They have since sold but "Changing Directions" and "A Shift in the Air" because they both represent a moment of change when all things are possible.


Smile: Do you have any artist (past or present) that you admire and why?


Amber: I love Van Gogh because he continued to paint and never wavered even when he wasn't selling. I also admire Cezanne, Monet and Pisarro.



Smile: Do you think it is harder to get exposure as an Artist in today's social media obsessed world because of the congestion or has it helped you promote your work easily?


Amber: It has helped to promote my work to a broader audience and to connect with other artists in all parts of the world. I feel it has been a great asset to my work.



Smile: What is your biggest accomplishment as an artist so far?


Amber: My biggest accomplishment is that donating my art to silent auctions over the last 5 years and that the art has raised over $20K for some great organizations.



Smile: Any big events coming up that we should know about?


Amber: There may be an art show coming up in the Fall but nothing set in stone yet. Every year I have several shows, so stay posted.


Smile: What artist would you really like to collaborate with, who and why?


Amber: Any of the Masters since they all worked as apprentices which I think is a dying art. 


Smile: Last questions, where can we find your art work to purchase? And is there anything else you would like the audience to know?


Amber: The art is all available online at https://www.amberfavreart.com/ or direct through an art show.


Smile: Amber, it is so nice meeting you and I am glad that we are able to feature your work this month. I look forward to seeing more of your art and best to you and your future.


https://www.amberfavreart.com/

All images in the above post belong to the artist, please respect copy right laws.  Click on the images to visit Amber's shop.  Thank you.

Comments